North America Climate Summit 2022: 20-22 September in New York City
After two years apart, the International Emissions Trading Association (IETA), the International Carbon Action Partnership (ICAP) and all the supporting organisations look forward to welcoming delegates to our flagship North America Climate Summit (NCAS) 2022 on 20-22 September, an official accredited event part of the Climate Week New York City 2022 & UN General Assembly.
The Summit, taking place at The Westin New York at Times Square, is the ideal forum to take-stock the world’s evolving net zero landscape and clean growth opportunities. Join us in NYC to hear from policymakers, business and innovators who are leading the pack in building, scaling and collaborating on markets for net zero.
Organised by IETA in collaboration with ICAP, NACS 2022 is an in-person event with some sessions in a hybrid format to allow for virtual participation. The Summit features high-level plenaries, North America and cross-cutting deep-dive workshops and roundtables, and a central ‘Carbon Market Square’ with Partner Sponsors display counters, a networking chill-out lounge, coffee breaks and receptions.
20 September – PRE-DAY: Closed door meetings & Invitation only events & NACS Official Welcome Reception
21 September – DAY 1: Summit sessions (focus on North America) & Partner Sponsors side event sessions, opened to all delegates & IETA Members Nightcap Reception (invite only)
22 September – DAY 2: Summit sessions (international and cross-cutting topics) & Partner Sponsors side event sessions, opened to all delegates
Snapshot of NACS topics covered include:
- US Federal
- Lawyers’ Roundtable: Impacts & Analysis of SCOTUS Ruling on WV vs. EPA
- Analysts’ Roundtable: NA Market Pricing, Dynamics, Forecasts, Market Oversight and Role of Speculators
- CEO Roundtable: Outlooks for Congressional Climate Action, Legislation, Impacts of SEC Disclosure, CFTC
- US States Carbon Markets Round-Up: Trends and Outlooks
- California-Quebec (WCI)
- Washington State Cap and Invest Rulemaking
- Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI)
- Canada Climate Action & Carbon Pricing Round-Up: Post-2022 Outlooks
- Canada Carbon Deep-Dive: The Business Scoop - Offsets, CFR, Oil & Gas Caps, CES, CCFD etc.
- Regional Cooperation – Carbon Pricing in the Americas Declaration
- Sectoral Expansion – Transport, Building and Beyond
- Border Carbon Adjustments, Competitiveness, Climate Clubs (G7)
- North America & Road to COP27 Sharm El-Sheikh
- The interaction between compliance and voluntary markets
- Voluntary Carbon Market (VCM)
- North America VCM: The Projects, The Players, The Prospects
- Mobilizing capital into high-quality credits
- Markets for Net Zero – Deep Dive Series
- Markets for Forests & Agriculture
- Markets for Just Transition
- Markets for Removals – Geo-tech and nature
- Digital Climate Assets: What is Required to Scale Digital Climate Markets with Integrity
- Carbon Communication Challenges – Breaking through the carbon echo-chamber